Taiko Audio’s SGM Extreme Music Server is truly state-of-the-art technology to provide you accurate and realistic reproduction of your stored music files and also streaming audio from Qobuz and Tidal. The system is all non-SSD utilizing nonvolatile solid-state PCIe storage modules.
The SGM uses dual multicore CPUs running Windows 10 components designed for industrial processors. It is powered by a 400-watt linear power supply with a large capacitor bank and choke regulation. Internal storage is available from 2-24 TB. The chassis is made from aircraft-grade aluminum with 6,000 carefully machined holes that act as waveguides to attenuate emissions by 81 dB.
The cooling system is custom-designed because Taiko Audio could not find an aftermarket system to meet their needs. It is 240W and has no fans, no active parts, and no noise. Because most aftermarket passive cooling systems will degrade over time, we took particular care to machine the CPU interface to a tolerance of 5 microns. Solid copper rather than aluminum is used for the heat sinks. We think our technology will outlast other cooling systems by years depending on use and environment.
Some specifications for the SGM Extreme music server include:
- Dual Intel Xeon scalable 10 core - 20 thread CPUs for 20 cores - 40 threads in total
- Twelve 4 GB custom industrial memory modules
- Custom Windows 10 enterprise operating system
- Roon and JPlay playback software
- Setup and maintenance occur without user intervention
- External connections include:
- Five USB ports
- Two copper RJ45 Ethernet ports
- One SFP open-slot Ethernet port
- One VGA port
- AES/EBU single, dual, or quad available
- Available in silver or black finish
- Weight 99 lbs.
For more information on the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme music server please contact Suncoast Audio at 941-932-0282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.